zaterdag 29 mei 2010

Donnie Darko: The Director's Cut

First off I wanna thank Tristan for selling me his incredible DVD of Donnie Darko's Director's Cut, wich was hard to find.
I'll be talking about my experience in this movie, and yes with spoilers, if you haven't seen the film then why are you reading this? GO SEE IT!
Donnie Darko is about a teenager with some psychological problems, but the movie goes on to be a pure Sci-Fi and horror, deals with religious topics and asks hard questions. Is there a god? is it possible to travel trough time?
When I first saw it (the theatrical cut) I was blown away, and totally confused, I had no idea what I was loving, and I still don't after seeing the director's cut, this movie is just a pure mind fuck thinker.
So I'll try to make a theory in my own words and I can be very corrected.

Donnie is sorta special, he can see the space sorta spheares to see people's fate of were to go, and in order to save the world he needs to die? he was definatly meant to kill frank cause his spheare lead him to the gun to kill Frank, but why? what's frank? does he turn into some evil force that later travels back in time to save Donnie to end the world?
And by killing Frank he killed himself? and by that he saved the world by dying by staying in bed ? WATFFFUUUCK.
and there are all these little things, what's up with the fat guy? He appears 3 times, or even more for all I know.That's the hard part of the movie.

I really liked Donnie as a character, and some of his friends, they were just hilarius.
"You are the fucking antichrist man"

The songs used are great, and fit the scenes well, especially the scene where they introduce the school and the end scene with "Mad World", just gives you the creeps.

They made me do this review

After watching the Director's Cut, I inmeadiatly digged in some of the extras, the first was the "Darkomentary"
It's a short documentary made by the 1# Donnie Darko fan, he shows how much he loves the movie, it's hilarius and creepy at moments, he has like 20 DVD copies of the movie, he stalks the director by calling him and kissing him at comic con, jumps up to actors that were in the movie, making them say lines from the movie, has pends days watching the movie, has like a room dedicated to all Donnie Darko pictures, and he sometimes even talks to pictures of Donnie Darko and Frank from the movie, I don't know if he is really like that, or just acted like that to get on the Director's Cut DVD, still fucking hilarius and creepy.
Next I watched "They Made Me Do It: The Cult Of Donnie Darko".
It's about the british DD fans, and how the film really hit on in the UK, how it affected some of the interviewed people life's, it's insane.

I I give 2 thumbs up to the DVD box for it's glorious front
RATINGS:
DVD: 4,5/5
Film: 4,5/5

-Stijn Heirstrate

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten